QuickBooks accounting allows many users to organize their business accounts in a very simple way, no matter whether you are a small or medium-sized organization. Mainly QuickBooks is designed in such a way that it will make your accounting easy such as bills, payroll, calculating taxes, etc. It also allows the users to work in multi-user mode. But somehow, while accessing the company file through the multi-users mode, QuickBooks error code H505 occurs. This error states – “The Company file you are trying to access is on another computer, and QuickBooks requires help to connect.” This error is ordinary and can be restored effortlessly. If you are reading till this point, then you must be encountering the same. Don’t worry; I have your back. Through the medium of this informative guide, I, Roger Binny will present you with the perfect explanation for occurring the error and solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error H505.
Why does QuickBooks Error Code H505 Happen?Go through the following explanations of why you are facing the error H505:
- The system firewall prevents the company files incoming and outgoing communication.
- When the Database Server doesn’t find the QuickBooks folders/files for the scan.
- Due to improper Hosting configuration settings.
- When the .ND file goes missing or damaged.
- QuickBooks is unable to detect the computer’s IP address.
- Inaccurate DNS settings.
- When the DBXX service isn’t running.
Fixes for QuickBooks Error Code H505?When you are unable to access the company file, you can go through the following method:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Database Server ManagerQuickBooks Database Server Manager fixes the QuickBooks error H505, as it is a connection issue that occurs while using the multi-user mode. But there is no direct approach to using the QBDBMGRN, so you have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you already have the Tool Hub, then you can skip this section and head toward the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If you are new, then follow the given steps:
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub for QuickBooks Error Code H505
- Make sure the QuickBooks Desktop application is closed with the multi-user mode logged out.
- Now, from the Intuit QuickBooks website, search for the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s latest version, 184.108.40.206.
- When you get to the Tool Hub page, click on the Download button and save the file.
- In the next step, right-click on the Qbtoolhub.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- A security breach window will be displayed on the system asking to run the file, so to confirm, click on Run.
- Follow each step of the installation carefully.
- When you reach the software window, click on Agree and Next option.
- After the installation, open the Tool Hub and follow the next step.
Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager to fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
- When the Tool Hub opens, click on the Network Issues.
- Now, from the right side, click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If anyhow, the QuickBooks is not on the server, it will ask you to install it.
- When the QuickBooks Database Server Manager opens, click on the Start Scan when you see the company file folder. If the files are not visible, go to the company file location and click on Start Scan.
- Here, the QuickBooks Database Manager will repair the firewall permissions automatically.
- After the scan, click on Close.
- Open the QuickBooks on every workstation where the Error H505.
- Lastly, choose File and Switch to Mult-user mode.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks File DoctorThe File Doctor Tool is also a part of QuickBooks Tool Hub. So using the File Doctor, we have to access the Tool Hub again to fix QuickBooks error code H505. Following are the steps:
- Click on the Company File Issues from the Tool Hub.
- Now, click on the Rum QuickBooks File Doctor. The tool will open in 1 minute. If the File Doctor does not run, then search the File Doctor and access it manually.
- After that, using the drop-down, choose the Company file that creates QuickBooks error code H505 and needs repairing. If the file is not present in the dropdown, click on Browse and find the company file.
- In the next step, choose Check Your File and Continue.
- Here, enter the QuickBooks admin password and then click on Next to proceed.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and check for the error.