HP Printer Assistant is built-in printing software that allows you to set up your printer, scan documents, order supplies, check ink levels, and more. It is a one-stop solution for diagnosing and rectifying the detected printer problems. However, sometimes, when you update your Windows 10 PC, the application stops working. There can be massive reasons for HP Printer Assistant Not Working in Windows 10. But identifying the solid one could be somehow difficult. That’s why; we have covered the list of possible causes and the possible solving methods in the blog. The compiled information will definitely help you in getting back your Printer Assistant program in a working state.
For What Purpose My HP Printer Assistant Not Working In Windows 10?
The reasons why you’re HP Support Assistant Not Working on your updated Windows 10 device are enumerated underneath:
- Compatibility issues with your Windows 10 Computer
- Incomplete installation of HP Printer Assistant Software
- A corrupt HP Printer Assistant tool setup file may also
- Third-party Security software or firewall program
- If pending updates are available for the printer’s drive
Proven Solutions to Fix HP Printer Assistant Not Working In Windows 10
Check out the best-solving tricks beneath if your HP Printer Assistant program suddenly fails to open on Windows 10. Let’s follow!
Solution 1: Reconnect the HP Printer
Maybe after upgrading your Windows 10, the connection to the printer is lost. That’s why, you experience the HP Support Assistant Not Working problem. So, to fix it, let’s reconnect the printer:
- Click the “Connect a new printer” option.
- Select the connection type when prompted, and then follow the instructions displayed on the screen to set up the printer.
- Turn off the HP printer, and then restart your Windows 10 computer.
- Turn on the printer now, and then attempt to open HP Printer Assistant. If it opens, the printer is resolved.
Solution 2: Reinstall the Latest Printer Driver
Before attempting to reinstall the latest driver, uninstall the HP Printer driver and software if any is previously installed in Windows 10. After the uninstallation, let’s begin to follow the below steps to get a fresh and current version of the full-feature printer software.
- First, turn on your HP printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if required. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if it is needed.
- Afterward, browse the official HP site of “HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads”.
- If a “Let’s identify your product to get started” page displays, click “Printer”, type your printer model number, and then click the “Submit” button.
- If you also want to change the operating system, click “Change”, choose your version, and then finally tap “Change”.
- Under the “Driver” heading, click the “Download” button for the full software package.
- This is it! The recently released version of the driver has been successfully installed on your Windows 10 device.
Now, feel free to open the software to check if HP Support Assistant Is Working or yet not.
Consult HP Printer Technical Support Team for Further Help
Was the aforementioned guidance helpful for resolving HP Support Assistant Not Working problem? If not and yet you can’t access HP Printer Assistant software on your Windows 10 PC, don’t worry! Contact the topmost HP Printer Tech Support engineers for grasping a one-stop remedy at your fingertips.