Hiring developers can be tricky, especially if you aren’t familiar with the technology. In order to ensure that you hire the right person to help your company succeed, it’s important to get all the information possible about potential ReactJS developer candidates before you commit to hiring them. This list of 10 things you need to know before hiring ReactJS developers will help you do just that!
1) What are the technical prerequisites for using React?
- Components- building blocks of any React application. They are self-contained and can be reused throughout the app.
- State- an object that represents the data in your application. When the state changes, the component will re-render.
- Props- data that is passed down from a parent component to a child component.
- Events- actions that occur in your application, such as clicking on a button. Event handlers can be used to handle these events and update the state accordingly.
2) How much does it cost to hire a React developer?
The average React developer salary in the US is $100,000 per year. However, rates can vary widely depending on experience, skillset, and location. For example, a junior React developer in San Francisco will likely cost more than a senior React developer in New York City. When budgeting for a React developer, be sure to factor in the cost of benefits and other associated expenses.
3) Who should be involved in hiring a React developer?
The hiring process for a React developer should involve the same people who would be involved in hiring any other type of developer. This includes the technical team lead, the hiring manager, and possibly a member of the senior management team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of React and its potential, as well as a willingness to learn new things and take on challenges. They should also be able to communicate effectively and work well within a team.
4) What are some specific technologies that developers need experience with?
- It is maintained by Facebook and a community of individual developers and companies.
- ReactJS can be used for developing single-page or mobile applications.
- In addition, they should be familiar with popular front-end development tools such as Webpack, Babel, and ESLint.
- Experience with React Native – the platform for building native iOS and Android apps using ReactJS – is also a plus.
- Finally, it’s important that developers have a good understanding of the principles of UX design.
5) What is your timeline like, and what do you want your final product(s) to be like?
If you’re like most business owners, you probably don’t have a lot of time to spare. That’s why it’s important to know what your timeline looks like and what you want your final product(s) to be before you start interviewing ReactJS developers. Here are the top 10 things you should keep in mind:
1. What is your budget?
2. What is your timeline?
3. What do you need the developer to do?
4. What kind of skills does the developer need?
5. What are your project requirements?
6. What is your development process like?
7. What is your company culture like?
6) If there were two platforms you could build your app on, which would you choose, iOS or Android?
If you’re looking to build a cross-platform app, then React Native is the way to go. However, if you’re looking to build an app for a specific platform, then you should choose the platform that your target audience is using the most. For example, if you’re targeting US users, then you should build an iOS app. But if you’re targeting Chinese users, then you should build an Android app. Here are the top 10 things you need to know before hiring ReactJS developers
7) Will you be building native apps on these platforms or mobile web apps?
- The line between web apps and native apps is getting blurrier by the day. In many cases, a web app will suffice.
- If you do need a native app, ReactJS is a good choice for cross-platform development because it can target multiple platforms with one codebase.
- Keep in mind that ReactJS is just a front-end framework. You’ll need to choose complementary technologies for the back-end, such as Node.js, Express, and MongoDB.
- Another important consideration is whether you want your app to be real-time. Real-time apps are those that update in a near-instantaneous fashion, such as chat apps and social media feeds.
8) What is your budget range, and how many hours per week will you devote to this project?
9) Do you have a current prototype/mockup available so I can get an idea of what it’s supposed to look like when we’re done?
Yes, a current prototype or mockup is very helpful so that the developer knows what they are working towards. Additionally, it’s important to know what type of functionality you need and what your budget is. Here are the top 10 things you should know before hiring ReactJS developers:
1. What is your timeline?
2. What is your budget?
3. What is the scope of work?
4. What type of functionality do you need?